Friday, August 29, 2008
8 Things I have learned on Jon and Kate + 8
One of my favorite shows is Jon and Kate + 8. I enjoy the personalities of Jon and Kate and their little children. I cry and laugh, but most of all, I learn a lot from it. And, being a mom to two children on the autism spectrum, I need all the encouragement and parent tips I can get!
Here are the top eight things the Gosselins have taught me:
1. Free tummy tucks do come true.
2. If Kate can take 8 kids to a boutique to paint pottery, then maybe I can take my 2 kids too.
3. There is a family out there with more shoes that we have.
4. Monkey Bread is reserved for Christmas mornings only.
5. Each child needs his or her own special day alone with the parents every year.
6. Having the kids sweep after dinner "may only pick up a couple of crumbs, but that is still better than no crumbs."
7. No matter how much I want more kids, seeing the clip of Kate's pregnant stomach is the best type of birth control ever!
8. You can still be a cool mom like Kate and not feed your kids SunnyDelight and fruit snacks.